THE NATION'S LARGEST ANNUAL PLASTICS EVENT RETURNS
20,000+ Professionals, 1,900+ Suppliers
PLASTEC West — The Proof Is in the Plastics
Possibilities abound in plastics. 3D printing is disrupting how we manufacture, well, everything — shoes, car components, dental devices, prosthetics, casts — and injection molding has seen some fascinating developments as automation and robotics play a larger role.
Innovation is the name of the game right now and PLASTEC West, the largest annual plastics and polymers event, is the stage. Meet leaders in plastics at free sessions and activities at the expo, dig deeper on education at the 3D Printing Innovation Summit, and find the connections and suppliers that will help you improve your plastics and processing capabilities.
Global spending on 3D printing by 2022 (including hardware, materials, software, and services).
Increase of North American shipments of primary plastics machinery in the second quarter of 2019.
The average temperature in warm and sunny Anaheim, California in early February. (Because that's worth a lot).
Who Should Attend PLASTEC West
Plastics engineers, business owners, and anyone else inspired by advances in plastics and processing will feel right at home at PLASTEC West. Bring your project challenges and spirit of innovation to sessions led by industry visionaries and companies ready to talk shop about injection molding, 3D printing, automation, plastics and polymers, blowmolding, and much more.
Attendee job titles include:
- Plastics engineers
- Design & manufacturing engineers
- Plastics professionals
- R&D engineers
- C-suite executives
12 Tracks of Conference Education
This year's conference program features a lineup of new formats — including Lightning Workshops, Tech Talk Panels, and exclusive networking opportunities — expertly designed to meet the needs of professionals in advanced design and manufacturing. Covering medtech, 3D printing, and smart manufacturing, every session offers an in-depth exploration of timely topics so you walk away with a new set of skills.
The 2020 Conference Tracks
Medical Design & Manufacturing West Conference
- Exploring Emerging Technologies of the Digital Health Boom
- User-Centered Design Strategies & Tactics for Faster Product Development
- Advancements in Medical Plastics for Medtech
- Keeping Up & Staying Compliant with Global & FDA Regulations
- Driving Next-Gen Design & Innovation Strategies
- Product Development: Effective Strategies for Moving from Engineering to Production
- Materials, Testing & Risk Management Solutions
- Understanding the Impact of Recent Changes to Quality Standard
3D Printing Innovation Summit
- Materials Trends: Metals, Ceramics, Multi-Materials, and More
- Choosing the Right Tools & Materials to Support Your Design Strategy
Smart Manufacturing Innovation Summit
- The Rise of the Smart Factory
- AI, Machine Learning, & Iot/IIoT: Factors Affecting Factory Floor Adoption
5 Connected Industries. 1 Epic Event.
There's plenty to keep you busy at PLASTEC West, but did you know there are four additional trade shows running alongside the plastics expo? Combining verticals and segments that play well together — medtech, automation, design, and packaging — circulate beyond your own industry to solve problems across markets.
"It was interesting to see the different types of machinery that's out there and it really opened my eyes to what is possible in engineering."
Greg Chung, Bal Seal Engineering, Project Engineer
"The coolest part is observing first-hand the displays of mold presses, 3D printers, robotic arms, and assembly tracks. Vendors are extremely knowledgeable and do a great job answering questions."
Danny Jabbaz, Glenair, Tooling Designer
"This is the only conference where the exhibitors overlap the unique industries."
Wayne Rorex, City of Los Angeles, Analyst
Tuesday-Wednesday, February 11-12, 2020 | 10 a.m.* - 5 p.m.
Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 10 a.m.* - 4 p.m.
Tuesday-Wednesday, February 11-12, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Registration opens at 8 a.m. Monday-Wednesday and at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Hall E opens early each morning at 9:30 a.m.